Are you highly organized, detail oriented, service-focused Administrative Support Professional who enjoys assisting fund development initiatives, fundraising and philanthropic programs that support the healthcare sector?
Are you excited by the thought of being part of a positive, collaborative and creative team that through fundraising and development projects supports the purchase of state-of-the-art equipment and patient care initiatives to help bring excellence in healthcare and improve lives within Vernon Jubilee Hospital, Interior Health Facilities, and Community Care Programs throughout the North Okanagan? If so, then this opportunity could be the ideal fit for YOU!
Established in 1981, our client is a non-profit organization and registered BC charity who works closely with Interior Health and North Okanagan Administration teams to help advance health services in North Okanagan communities. Through relationships with community partners, sponsors, volunteers and individuals, they are dedicated to ensuring North Okanagan facilities have access to the highest-quality equipment and resources to provide enhanced care throughout the region.
Our client is seeking a Development Assistant to join their Vernon, BC office team. This is not a remote position. This is a full-time term position until January 2024 (approx. 15 months)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Philanthropic Programs, the Development Assistant provides essential administrative support services for the development team by assisting with planned fund-raising programs, special events, donor communications and database management.
A key priority of the role is to enhance the efficiency of administrative functions, maintain positive relations with donors, sponsors and volunteers, ensuring the integrity of development processes, and support the organization’s mission and values to external stakeholders.
What’s involved on any given day:
- Performing data entry, managing and updating donor databases, including tracking philanthropic requests, sponsorships, donations and contributions, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
- Supporting donor communications including managing donor lists and preparing mailing materials including invitations, solicitations, and thank you’s,
- Supporting the development team with the improvement of fundraising initiatives
- Assisting with collection and tracking of data for events (such as revenue and expenditures), sponsorships and donations
- Assisting with event planning and coordinating volunteers
- Conducting research, analyze data, compile reports and prepare progress reports on a variety of fundraising and development related initiatives
- Assisting with drafting proposals or grants as directed
- Responding to donor and sponsor queries and sometimes approach benefactors ensuring timely acknowledgment of contributions
- Supporting the social media strategy by assisting with social media activities and updates
- Supporting the Communications Officer in the development of donor impact reports and newsletters
- Assisting with Prepare licensing and gaming reports
- Supporting special projects such as a database conversion
- Leading donor & memorial wall updates
- Providing backup coverage of reception desk over lunch hour and as needed
- Other duties as required
WHAT OUR CLIENT OFFERS:
- Salary: $42,900 – $48,750
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in-office
- Up to 4 weeks vacation time as accrued
- Comprehensive Benefits Package on start date
- Municipal Pension Plan after 3 months
- Paid Parking
- $25/month cell phone reimbursement
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE/BE:
Personal Attributes & Characteristics:
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent time-management skills
- Relationship-builder with strong interpersonal communication skills for interacting with donors, sponsors and volunteers.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and accurate (data entry)
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with information requiring confidentiality
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Degree/diploma in administration, event management, marketing, communications, or similar (highly preferred)
- Experience in fundraising, database management and administrative support for a non-profit organization (an asset)
- Computer proficiency, especially in MS Office and customer management software, experience in Canva, and Mailchimp is an asset
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Computer proficiency, especially in MS Office and database management software
- A Driver’s License and vehicle required for attending off-site events
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A Criminal Record Check is required as a condition of employment
- Proof of COVID vaccination is required due to hospital and Interior Health site requirements
This position is available to start ASAP. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews will be conducted accordingly. This position will remain open until filled.
If this sounds like an ideal fit for you, please apply with a resume AND COVER LETTER (in PDF or Word format) explaining “why you would be an ideal fit for this role” to the attention of Stacey Davidson at [email protected] Please use “Development Assistant” in the email subject title.
No phone calls or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Client COVID-19 statement: We take your health and wellness seriously. We’ve follow all of the public health measures to ensure that our workplace is clean and sanitized. We implemented a robust COVID plan at the onset of the pandemic and now also have a communicable disease plan in place to ensure your safety.