Are you a recent Computer Engineering Graduate with your professional Engineering Designation or eligible as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) looking to launch your career with a progressive, innovative, high-tech company?
If so, then this opportunity could be the ideal fit for YOU!
Our client is an aerospace leader in satellite communications and intelligent connectivity and provides innovative technology solutions for the world’s largest aircraft and avionics manufacturers. Head-quartered in Kelowna, BC, our client also has offices in Ottawa, ON and Victoria, BC and is seeking to add Client Services Support Engineers to their teams in both their Kelowna, BC and Victoria, BC locations.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the products and services our client provides – prior to becoming a key part of the engineering team.
Initially reporting to the Client Services Manager, you will:
- Work with hardware, embedded and software engineers as they develop and design hardware and software for new avionics products
- Assisted by the relevant SME (subject matter expert) – investigate and provide feedback on any issues in current products or services
- Provide feedback on existing product designs, including feature enhancements and component obsolescence
- Create/update documentation supporting both new and legacy products.
- Competitive pay with strong career growth potential
- Paid professional development and position related education opportunities
- Work in a professional team environment
- 50/50 co-pay Medical Benefits (after completion of probationary period)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Up to 10% wage bonus potential
- 3 weeks vacation
- Salary $60,000 – $65,000 annual
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A Bachelor of either Electrical/Software or Computer Engineering
- Professional Engineering Designation or Eligibility (EIT)
- Good knowledge and experience in the design and development of hardware systems, schematic design, printed circuit board layout, generation of drawing packages, validation, and/or design for manufacturing
- Experience with requirements capture, product development, production transfer, manufacturing processes, and/or other relevant hardware skills
- Strong communication with excellent verbal and written English skills
- Microsoft Office suite knowledge
- An aptitude to quickly learn new platforms and absorb hardware and software product knowledge
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under pressure
- A self-starter and able to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Aviation knowledge is an asset
If this describes you, please apply with a resume and cover letter (in PDF or Word format) explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews will be conducted accordingly. This position is available to start ASAP. Please use “Support Engineer – Victoria” in the email subject title.
No phone calls or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Client statement: We take your health and wellness seriously. We’ve taken extensive measures to ensure that our workplace is clean and sanitized. We have implemented multiple proactive policies to ensure your safety and provide PPE equipment at request.